Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

To Exercise or Not Exercise

For all of us exercise is the arch enemy.  For the last 4 1/2 years I dedicated my life to changing how I eat and even changing how my entire family eats.  Here's a list of the stuff I no longer allow in my house, well unless your a visitor and you have bad eating habits.

-no pop
-no sugary treats
-no juice of any kind unless it's made from scratch
-reducing starch foods like rice and potatoes
-no fast foods
-eating more greens
-no meat for me please, my husband still eats it once in a while but my kids try to stay away
-reducing chicken intake has been a challenge because the kids don't eat seafood as much
-there is so much more I can go on and on, the key is cook from scratch and make the choice to live a healthier life

So now that I have the food plan down I recently started to move my body and found that there were too many muscles in my body I wasn't using, like a muscle that runs along my back leg.  OUCH! And here I thought that parking farther away from the door and walking was helping, um NOT!


It really helps to have a work out buddy but in my case my husband is so fit it only makes me more self conscious.  However, he is my biggest supporter so I work out with him first for 20 minutes and then he does his intense workout for like 3 hours. No Joke!

People there is hope for all of us.  Between Juicing, eating right, exercising and just being more active I have accomplished so much. I have so much energy beyond my own imagination.  I was excited when the weather got better in Chi-Town that I sent most of my Sunday with my girls outside and my 8 year old is now riding her bike all by herself.  I don't know what I was doing the last 4 1/2 years but I sure as hell was not enjoying it!

Get up and get moving people! Movement is Exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment