Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Year-Restart or Renew?

I recently heard my daughter tell me, as she often does, "mom tomorrow is a new day and we get to start all over again."

I love the sincerity of a child's mind.  She speaks the truth because we have the opportunity to wake up everyday and make a choice to live a better life.  So many people walk around in a rush, angry, think too much and people just need to SLOW down.

This past Sunday at mass Father said, we have to believe that we are right where GOD wants us to me.  We have to be willing to listen and sit still long enough, to hear his grace. It's true, at least for me I feel that when I'm at peace and one with myself things go smoother in my life.

Last night I was reminded of just that, as my little one was lying sick in my bed she was whiny.  I embraced her and rubbed her back, comforting her. My husband was a little more abrupt and tired, not understanding why she was so whiny if we had given her everything.

I looked at him and realized he was frustrated because he felt helpless.  I looked at him calmly and told him that all she wanted was for him to embrace her and comfort her and speak to her softly.  He looked down at her with that soft look he has and embraced her. It was a beautiful sight.

It was then that I realized that it's not always about making people see things your way but to learn together, grow together and teach a better way of living life. So everyday make an effort to renew your look at life.  Everyday is a restart, make it count.







No comments:

Post a Comment